Saturday 7 March 2009

Dumb N Bass in ya face... Comin down like a ten tonne...

Wait on a sec… How come no one ever realised until after the event that Drum and Bass was rubbish?

Hard to believe it now but there was a period in the 90’s when everyone thought Drum and Bass was the future of music.

Even huge established artists lost their minds for a moment and tried their hand at it. If you don’t believe me, then check out this clip from Bowie.

I can just imagine him in the studio with two nobend DnB producers with them both going, ‘No Dave, DnB tracks don’t have a middle 8’ and him crying into crush velvet alien robes. So far away indeed…

I’m sure at one point I even read an interview with Laurie Anderson and she was saying some nonsense like, ‘Oh yeah Lou’s got really into Drum and Bass now’.

HA! Can you imagine it? I think I’d rather listen to Metal Machine Music.

Luckily it never seemed to surface and eventually DnB ended up nothing more than a jingle on a BnQ advert…



Oh and the soundtrack to my nightmares.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

drum n bass, is still going on strong it would seem. Just in different places of the UK. down south in birmingham, drum and bass has taken off with Pendulum being known as some kind of god down there... weird. I hate it personally.